We’re Hiring: Graduate Engineer (2-3 years experience)
Evolve is pleased to announce that, due to increasing workload, we are searching for exceptional engineers to come and join the team. In particular, we have a role for a graduate engineer with 2-3 years’ experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION: GRADUATE ENGINEER
You will be part of a team that works in a professional manner, applying your skills effectively and competently. Our approach is one of working pro-actively and enthusiastically with colleagues both in evolve and from external organisations. You will adopt the ‘team-working’ ethic of the company.
As a graduate with 2-3 years’ experience, the key purpose of your role will be to work alongside a team of engineers to deliver innovative and intelligent structural engineering designs, in accordance with fee and client budgetary constraints; and project programme/in-house time-based targets.
You will recognise that evolve has signed the IStructE Engineers declaration on the climate and biodiversity emergency and that you will assist in strengthening our working practices to create structural and civil engineering outcomes that have a more positive impact on the world around us by adopting the IStructE guidance on our approach to design.
Other duties include:
• Preparation of appropriate documents, calculations, specifications and sketches in line with evolve procedures for all stages of a project from concept to Building Control submission and approval
• Liaise with BIM Technicians where appropriate to enable them to prepare suitable drawings for the relevant stage of the project
• Where you are the designated Project Engineer, monitor progress of the design against programme
• Carry out building surveys under instruction from one of the Directors or Associates
• Attend meetings where appropriate
• Visit site to evaluate constraints on and/or progress of construction
• Prepare suitable reports as required
• Carry out data searches where relevant to a project
• Attend training seminars where considered beneficial
These duties will be carried out under the supervision of a suitably qualified engineer.
Evolve Consulting Engineers is a people-focused practice specialising in the structural design of buildings. With an impressive track record of working on great jobs with talented teams, nearly all of our work comes from repeat work or referrals.
When we started our firm, we wanted to do things differently from other engineers. Our distinctive approach focused on one simple idea: putting people first.
It meant building a firm with a genuine commitment to service, where clients enjoy a strong relationship with the directors and senior team. It meant delivering work where both clients and end-users benefit from our technical expertise and smart solutions. It meant inspiring and developing great people who enjoy the challenges we take on and share our passion for engineering excellence.
We continue to evolve year-on-year, increasing resources while embracing new ideas and improved technologies. The projects may be more complex, but people remain the foundation of everything we do.
We are always on the lookout for the next member of our talented team. Could that be you?
To send us your CV, or to find out more about the role, please contact Martyn Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org